Monday 17 March 2014

Hat's the way to do it!



Courtesy of the brilliant Whats on in Bearwood Facebook page (we insist you join today!) we found out about Hayley Deakin’s new business venture, Mad As A Hatter.

Hayley’s lived in Bearwood all her life so it’s great that her shop will be based at 29 Abbey Road.  Work starts on the premises today with the grand opening scheduled for 1st April.


Hayley told welovebearwood that “I love old furniture especially anything quirky and I have a fetish for unusual chairs. Basically I've filled my home with amazing furniture but can't stop buying and up cycling it so it's time for me to branch out and open my own shop. I've had a lot of help from the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce and also from my local church The Kings Community Church in Brandhall and now I'm all ready to go! I am aiming to open on the 1st April so fingers and toes crossed!”


Hayley’s also on the lookout for local crafts folk and antique/vintage sellers who would like to sell their wares through her shop.  You can contact Hayley and find out more through the Mad As A Hatter Facebook right here.



P.S. Look out for some of the Mad As A Hatter characters who will be popping up around Bearwood and especially at Lightwoods Park May Day Festival on May 5th giving out flyers.



No comments:

Post a Comment