Thursday 16 August 2012

Big Shout Out For Bearwood!


When David Lewis contacted welovebearwood and told us about his Home to Home Cooking service and that he had relocated here via Cotswold and Lake District, we were so happy to hear what he thought about Bearwood.

“Having recently moved to the Bearwood area, after 12 years in the Cotswolds and having been brought up in the glorious Lake District, I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised at how well Bearwood and the West Midlands compares.

As you can imagine, I love nature and greenery and in Bearwood I have found some wonderful green spaces. Everyone told me before I moved that the West Midlands is a bleak area and thankfully, I can now tell them how wrong they were! I take my dogs walking around Warley Woods and Lightwoods Park and can honestly say, the places are beautiful.


I moved to the area to be with my partner and to set up my home cooking business, Home to Home Cooking, which caters for up to 30 fresh, home cooked meals a day and for up to 60 pensioners or housebound at the weekends.


I am also looking to volunteer some of my time and cooking skills to a local charity or good cause, so if anyone out there has any suggestions, please feel free to contact me, David Lewis at hometohomecooking@hotmail.co.uk



P.S. David's food looks yummy - can't wait to try it!

5 comments:

  1. being a West Country girl myself (Gloucestershire) I was a bit wary about what i would find to fulfil my need to get out doors in to the 'green stuff' (grazing as my husband calls it!) and like you was pleasantly suprised at how green Birmingham and Sandwell are! I love taking my kids up to Warley Woods and across to Lightwood and I love being an honourary Brummie! Your food looks delicious. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comments about my food, hopefully will taste even nicer than it looks. Am enjoying getting out and about around the area and meeting some lovely people along the way. Again, Big Up Bearwood!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, if any Bearwood resident has a good old fashioned recipe, they can send it to me to showcase, hometohomecooking@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to both for your lovely comments. It's great that you both love living in Bearwood. Big Up to Bearwood! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting news. As of next weekend, Home to Home Cooking will be available to buy at Antonios Food Emporio in St Mary's Road, Bearwood. Come along at 1pm next Saturday for a free coffee and tasting

    ReplyDelete